No, I haven’t smoked marijuana.
1. I’m currently wearing a grey-and-black-striped-sweatshirt, a black shirt, and dark jeans.
2. I already answered this.
4. I don’t remember. 5’11” or somewhere around there, I think.
10. I don’t really listen to any modern bands, but I really like Bartók and Stravinsky and George Crumb. I have something against lyrics, but I like the Beatles, so there’s that…
16. I don’t remember any of the good quotes I hear or read, so let me find one…
“Life may have no meaning. Or even worse, it may have a meaning of which I disapprove”
31. The last book I read was The Realm of Possibility, by David Levithan. That was a bit embarrassing to write.
37. I would love to go to New Zealand or Socotra or some small subantarctic island. But right now I really want to go sit in a tree in the woods by my house, because I’m feeling sort of crappy.
52: What do I intend to do with my life?
I want to study invertebrate ecology, preferably at the behavioral or community level. Currently I’m majoring in Aquatic and Fishery Sciences, but I feel like I’m betraying my department when it’s so focused on fish and invertebrates as “natural resources.” I absolutely hate that term. To me, it brings to mind exploitation and human use, which I honestly couldn’t care less about. I’m not even interested in conservation. I find human uses of and impacts on organisms to be incredibly dull, and I honestly don’t know how I’m going to function because so many people are concerned with either conservation or management. Ugh. I mean, sure, any ecological study is probably going to involve human impacts, because humans exist and they’re a big fucking deal when it comes to the biosphere, but I’d prefer to deal with things as if they’re pristine, even when I know they’re not. People suck. Start aborting your babies now, please.
2. I’ve had a very strong feeling of attachment that was not reciprocated; if you want to call that love, then so be it. I wouldn’t call it that, but that’s the closest thing I’ve had.
11. I miss playing chamber music with my friends.
28. The last time I cried I was during an anxiety attack, so there wasn’t really a good reason for it. I sobbed in my room for about twenty minutes and then didn’t leave for the rest of the day because people scare the shit out of me. Too much information? Suck it.
35. We’re friends. He’s an awesome person and we see and act in the world in creepily similar ways. It’s quite lovely
39. See above. He’s also in choir with me. He has a pretty voice.
That’s cool, right? >_>